FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

What types of financial aid are available?

Please see the options available in the financial aid section HERE.

What do I need to bring with me when I take the admissions test?

You will need to bring your High School Diploma, a Photo ID, and Social Security card.

Are you accredited?

Yes, the school is nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.

Is there an Application fee?

Yes, there is a $20 fee required and this covers up to 3 attempts for the admissions exam, if applicable.

Do you offer night classes?

At present none of our programs have a night class option.

High School Diploma FAQ

For more information on verification of high school diplomas, download our student information document HERE.

I have a diploma, why do I need to show proof of approval by the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE)?

According to Louisiana Law, a diploma issued by an entity located in the State of Louisiana is only valid if the school/individual student’s home study program was approved by BESE.

Why was my home study diploma not approved by BESE?

While there could be other issues, the main reason we see is that Louisiana Law does not allow BESE to register/approve a home study program for any student over the age of 21.

I have a diploma that does not have approved by the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education written on it. What do I need to do?

If you are over the age of 21, prepare to take the HiSet Test and receive a G.E.D. diploma from the State of Louisiana

Who can I contact at the Louisiana Department of Education if I have questions about my diploma?

Students can contact Sue Millican, Office of Home Study, 1-877-453-2721.

Do you accepted out of state diplomas?

Yes, as long as you can provide documentation that the school/individual home study program was approved by the Department of Education for the State in which the issuing facility was located.

©2024 Compass Career College | Website by 5 Stones Media