5 Perks of Being a Licensed Practical Nurse
A Licensed Practical Nurse (PN) is a nurse who cares for people who are sick, hurt, disabled, or recovering from an illness or injury. This definition doesn’t address all of the wonderful benefits of working as a Licensed Practical Nurse, however. Compass Career College prepares their LPN students for a career in healthcare and helps them to develop skills that will benefit them in an ever-changing medical environment.
Here’s a quick snapshot of benefits that come with being a Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Making a Difference -- Licensed Practical Nurses often feel extremely rewarded–not only financially, but emotionally as well. Taking care of their patients brings a sense of accomplishment that is a valuable aspect of this career path.
- Job Security -- Having a stable job that will provide for you and your family brings a sense of ease to an otherwise chaotic world.
- Salary -- As a group, LPNs earn about $43,000 - $47,000 a year on average, and even entry-level LPNs in Louisiana are typically paid at least $18-$20 an hour. Most Licensed Practical Nurse jobs also come with good benefits, including healthcare coverage.
- Staying Active -- Working as a Licensed Practical Nurse keeps you and everyone around you active and engaged! This segment of the healthcare industry is considered a high-energy field and will definitely keep you on your toes.
- An Abundance of Opportunities -- The opportunities that come with being a LPN are exciting and abundant! Graduates from LPN programs at Compass can choose to work in a wide variety of jobs and settings, such as psychiatric care, maternity care, operational or administrative positions, anatomy and physiology, and many other specialized areas of focus within the field of nursing.
Compass Career College’s LPN program has limited enrollment, so If these benefits interest you, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER test. This test is administered on our campus.
Not a great test taker? Don’t sweat it! You’re allowed a total of 3 attempts to pass the test. More materials to help prepare for this test can be found on our website. Take that first step today, watch your career excel, and reap the many rewards that come with being a Licensed Practical Nurse.