6 Tips For Developing Better Study Habits
Creating time in your busy schedule to make room for studying can be difficult, but there are many ways to make learning easier, more productive, and effective! Take a look at these 6 quick tips to get more out of your unproductive studying routine.
- Alternate between subjects. Although spending several hours in a row focusing on one topic may seem like the best way to learn, studies show that switching your focus regularly can help you retain more information.
- Change up your study space. The kitchen table may be your go-to study spot, but a change of scenery can do wonders for clearing your head. Try taking your notes to a nearby coffee shop, the local library or your favorite outdoor space.
- Take breaks. Step away from your notes every thirty minutes or so - this will make studying seem shorter and give your brain a chance to relax.
- Sleep more. Your brain needs rest, just like the rest of your body does. Try to get 8 hours of sleep per night to improve your learning capabilities.
- Test yourself. Make flashcards or a study guide, then practice answering questions out loud so you can really test your knowledge.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your classmates and instructors are here to help you succeed...take advantage!
If you’re looking for a career in Allied Health, Practical Nursing, Welding, or Cosmetology consider choosing Compass Career College and choose a school that cares about you! For more information on enrollment at Compass Career College, visit our Admissions page at compasscareercollege.net/admission