12 Things You Will Learn As a Nurse Aide
Do you feel called to care for others? Consider Nurse Aide Training at Compass Career College! In approximately six weeks or 100 clocked hours, you can successfully complete the curriculum. Nurse Aides provide direct care to patients. Students will learn theory and develop clinical skills during this program. The Nurse Aide Training program educates students in basic anatomy and physiology, restorative services, patient rights, cognitive impairment, mental health, and social service needs. Once a student graduates, they will be prepared for entry-level positions as a Nurse Aide in long-term care (nursing home), home health, rehabilitation units, skilled nursing units, and hospitals. Keep scrolling down if you want to know more about what you will learn as a Nurse Aide at Compass Career College!
- Assist patients in adjusting to altered levels of well-being.
- Demonstrate respect for the patient.
- Continue self-development as a member of the healthcare team.
- Provide basic nursing care skills to a diverse population, emphasizing the elderly and those dependent on personal care.
- Utilize education learned in basic anatomy and physiology, restorative services, residents/patient rights, cognitive impairment, mental health, and social service needs.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- Employ infection control practices.
- Provide personal care skills according to individual patient needs.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes.
- Recognize members of the health care team and know the importance of each role.
- Understand the differences between working in a controlled environment (facility) versus working in a patient’s home.
This program is designed to prepare students for certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of
Louisiana. At Compass Career College, we strive to provide the best Nurse Aide Training in Southeast Louisiana. Certified Nursing Assistants are the backbone of healthcare facilities. They pave the way for registered nurses and physicians to diagnose, treat, and heal patients. You can change the direction of your life and help provide for your family by enrolling at Compass Career College today. Chart your course for 2022!